Friday, February 1, 2008

The adventures of Lana

Poor baby Lana. She really needs her own home. LOL
Because I work (someone has to pay for dog food), Lana is put in a large wire crate during the day. My wonderful neighbours come by and let both dogs out for a pee break twice during the day. Lana likes her crate. Thats where she gets to have bones, bully sticks, sleep, etc. So her spending some time there isn't such a hardship. But yesterday she must have decided that she had had enough rest and she managed to break out.
Now yes, this is an old crate and the welds were getting loose and I should have checked it better, but it seemed pretty secure. And she has never tried to escape before.
Yesterday as I came home from a long hard day at the office, I was greeted at the door by both Lana and Sashka. Sashka looked kinda worried but Lana was her cheerful self. As I slowly opened the door to look, all I could see was paper everywhere. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
I needed to hook up the girls and off we went for a walk while I processed what had happened in my house.
Seems the first thing she did was sort thru some magazines and decided that they were all old issues and I should just let go of them. I guess she wasn't aware that I had been saving some of these for awhile. Lana must have also decided that the living room floor was a much better place for my laundry than the upstairs bedroom........................
And then it dawned on me that she had also been UPSTAIRS. She's not allowed upstairs unsupervised!!! Up I ran to find out what had been destroyed. Whata good girl Lana was. An old artifical plant that I didn't like anyways had had stuff taken out. So what if it ended up in the bed, the end tables, the hallway. And she had also emptied all the garbage cans upstairs for me.

Things could have been much worse and I am grateful for Lana's help in deciding what is important to keep and whats not. There must be a family out there that wants to teach (or be taught) this little one. Anyone that wants an app, feel free to contact us at information@westcoastrottweierrescue.com

No comments: