Saturday, July 19, 2008

new dog and long day

Kay has landed on our doorstep. And what a nice girl. She's going to need some work, some weight loss and some leadership. She seems to think that her job is to bark and scare away people. But she is going to learn that "I" have that job and I won't give it up. I would prefer she took the role of lady of leisure cause it would suit her more. She's a nice middle aged girl that can live with other dogs if she has to but I'm sure would be happier on her own.

Today was the Richmond Animal Wellness Expo. Lots of people and lots of wonderful dogs. Most of them well behaved but whenever you get that many people and dogs together it can be a little tense.
One of my pet peeves has always been ex tenable leashes. Yes they are great for the dogs, way more freedom but a much bigger chance of someone getting hurt. And today was no different. Little dogs, big dogs, people shopping and not really seeing what was up at the end of the leash. Thank goodness no one got hurt, but I'm glad I didn't bring the new girl. Way too much going on and she wouldn't have taken to it all very well.
We will soon have Kay up on the website and will tell you more about her as time goes on. While she isn't ready for adoption just yet, feel free to let us know if what you are looking for is a calmer, more mature girl to curl up with at night.

No comments: