Tuesday, July 22, 2008

How can she lie there looking so innocent

Kay is such a faker. She waddles when she walks. She makes like she is too big and old to jump much, but I found out tonight that Little Miss Fat Girl is a food theif.
We feed raw here. So, sometimes for the new dogs, the amount of food their getting may seem small. But we are careful about feeding and Kay is on a weight loss program. Or at least I try.
And Kay is what I lovingly refer to as very food motivated.

Tonight I made dinner so that means the loving and adoring husband cleans up afterwards. He went out right after dinner and I had to get on the computer to do some much needed stuff and Kay stayed downstairs waiting by the door (or so I thought).

When Jim came home, he asked if I had put the leftover meat away........................................... Nope, that wasn't my job, that was suppose to be his. I guess because Kay loves him so much, she thought she would help. Long story short, there is no more leftovers. Good news, she never broke a plate or made a mess or disturbed anything other than to clean that plate right up.

Bad Jim and bad Bev. Its our fault she got it. LOL but as I was looking at her with disapproval on my face and my hands on my hips, all she did was burp. When I told her how unlady like that was she burped again. My only payback will be that Jim will have to walk her in the morning and he gets to clean up her deposits.

Kay continues to show us a wonderful side. She came in with a hard look in her eyes that made me wonder. But as time goes by, that look softens, she becomes more relaxed and I think we are ready to start taking her in more public places. The sooner we know how she reacts in different settings, the sooner we can find what kind of home she needs

No comments: