Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Louie drives Sashka crazy

I knew it would happen. I left Louie out of his crate today just to test the waters. And he didn't disappoint me at all.
Nothing serious was killed. Just one more stuffie destuffed, some mail chewed, but poor Sashka. Louie has something against her having a blanket in her crate. Leave him alone for an hour and its in the middle of the floor. We have scolded him, I have yelled at him, I have even sprayed him with a water bottle, but he insists on doing it the minute he is left alone. Sashka, the poor misunderstood diva dog has had to sleep on either the chair or the couch. Life is hard here.
Mr. Louie is proving to be a challenge getting on raw food. I know its the best option for him but he only spits it out. He does love his kibble and will eat almost any type I'm sure, but what about that raw diet that is so good for him. How can a dog from a shelter be so picky about his food.
And before anyone starts on me about how if I just don't give him anything else he will have to eat the raw, Louie is still very underweight. I can still feel his backbone and all his ribs. His little chest bones stick so far out it bothers me. So, until the evil one puts on some much needed fat, he can stay on a HIGH GRADE kibble for now.
All signs of the previous illness is now gone. He is full of piss and vinegar and wants nothing more than to play, jump on people, use his mouth to torture us and rip up any unsuspecting toys that he finds. Awww life with a puppy. Can someone please poke my eyes out next time I think this is a good idea.

No comments: