Monday, April 21, 2008

$ 893.26

That’s what we have spent on Louie to date. That’s just what the vet bills are. Of course that doesn't cover food, dog walker, supplements, etc. Thank goodness when I got there I was told that Care Collars had sent in a donation for his vet care. http://www.carecollars.com Thank you so much Cora, without support, we could never manage to do what we do. Mangy cute bone heads just don't come cheap anymore. But this is what true rescue is all about. Getting dogs that really do need our help, making them well and whole, treating them with the best care we can provide and then finding them the absolute perfect home for their needs. And that’s what I want to provide Mr. Louie, aka Mr. Destructor, with.
My front yard looks like we are already selling stuff. Articles for the garage sale are starting to pile up. Right now I feel like I am living in a junk yard. But its all good and we will clear things up after the sale.
Louie poopie was such a gentleman at the vets. Well, other than trying to mouth everyone, he was great. That’s just his way of showing affection, but he is learning that we don't allow that sort of behaviour and if he is good, good things happen. Even our beloved vet was taken by him. If only I could talk Kevin into adopting him. But then I would have to leave town and find another vet because Kevin would find out what a goof ball this dog really is.Louie is the kind of dog that loves to play. I only wish I could video him sometimes. Watching him toss his toys in the air, or swinging his rope toy around always makes me laugh. He is a happy playful normal dog in so many ways. All he needs is time to recover from the mange and he will make someone a perfect companion.

No comments: