Sunday, March 9, 2008

Another busy day in Rescue

Little did I know when I started this just how busy I would get and just how stressful rescue was.
But today was one of those days that makes it all worth while. Big Rhonda's adoption was finalized today. Her family loves her so much. I was excited to see her again, but she only had eyes for Alison and Damon. And that is just the way its suppose to be.
Then it was off to Richmond to pickup Shannon and to get Bella sprung from the Delta Community Animal Shelter. They are a great bunch at the shelter but Bella really really needed to be out of there and in a home.
Bella really didn't want to get in the car. I'm not sure why, but she had to be pushed in. And for the whole drive, she had her head over the barrier needing reassurance that everything was going to be ok. When we finally got her back to Shannon's she was hesitant to go inside but once inside she was eager to check everything out. My last sight of her was her sitting infront of her new foster/adoptive mom begging for more attention. I'm really hoping that Bella steals Shannons heart. Shannon lost her rottie boy 4 months ago and while her heart still hurts from that, she was more then ready to open her little home and her big heart to a rottie girl in need.

No comments: