Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Life goes on

It doesn't matter what happens with the people, the dogs are the ones I concern myself with.  And if we all focus on that then things are good.   The petty people stuff drives me crazy.  Be an adult and move on.

Louie came to Macdonald Beach on Sunday while we promoted the Petnership Project.  http://www.petnerships.com/The-Petnership-Project   I can't speak for the rest of our board and volunteers, but I had a gas.   Imagine spending the day with people that love their animals, talking about the animals and watching the animals.  yup.  it was fun.  Poor Louie really wanted to run and play and just be free, but he is still not safe off leash and this park is not fenced.  I was not willing to allow him to get away. 
Lucy and Evony got to get together and play and be puppies.  Evony is going to stay with her foster mom cause Farrah and her pack love the little monster.  We are going back to MacDonald Beach on April 17th for another day meeting and greeting great folks and their dogs.

The following week we are suppose to be at the Tisol store in Burnaby for an adoption day.  Again, Lucy and Louie will be there to see if they can't find their new person.   And after that is the Petnership Project on April 30th and May 1st.

And then it is the Garage Sale of the Century.  Yes.  Our third annual WCRR garage sale.  For anyone that has never come, it is worth the trip out here just to see what a zoo it is.  Our board and supporters gather stuff all year long and then we sell like crazy at really low prices to what seems like hundreds of people.  Occasionally I have to be removed from the area so I don't loose my temper with that one person that has to grind the price down till I am either going to give it to them free or refuse to sell to the at any price.  (its usually the later)  This is one of the largest fundraisers we do every year.   Its not unusual for us to make a couple of grand over the weekend.  And with the bills we have had lately, we are going to need it.

And here is where I have to apologize to those that post replies on the blog.  I love to hear from all of you.  But.........  there is always someone being an idiot and now I have to approve all the posts.  If they are respectful of course they will be posted.  If you are just trying to stir the pot, well, go find another pot cause it ain't happening here.

No comments: